Double-Tap Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Tap Tower

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to connect both beer lines to the taps inside the tower? There is very little space and it does not appear that even if I jam the second line on somehow the lines will ne jammed against each other. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by One_Pound_Browns View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to connect both beer lines to the taps inside the tower? There is very little space and it does not appear that even if I jam the second line on somehow the lines will ne jammed against each other. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Working new lines on a 3" double column tower are pretty tricky. If you don't want to spend $30 something bucks on a tower wrench I suggest you make one out of a cheap Harbor Freight wrench. You need to remove the shanks and have them positioned apposing each other at a angle.
    Get a wrench and a dremel (hopefully you have) and cut open a wrench like pictured so you can slip it over the line and shank. Should be 1" nuts on tower(usually)
    Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 01-30-2015, 09:52 AM.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Thanks Point. I can manage using needle nose pliers on the nuts and they are already facing each other at an angle. Are you suggesting attaching the line to the tap then tightening the shank down instead of trying to get the line on an already-tightened down shank? My problem seems to be with the line itself (not having enough room right where the lines exit the taps inside the tower). The lines essentially squash each other.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Pound_Browns View Post
        Thanks Point. I can manage using needle nose pliers on the nuts and they are already facing each other at an angle. Are you suggesting attaching the line to the tap then tightening the shank down instead of trying to get the line on an already-tightened down shank? My problem seems to be with the line itself (not having enough room right where the lines exit the taps inside the tower). The lines essentially squash each other.
        Yeah.Tighten lines down with shank nut off.Here is how I usually do this:
        Remove tower from unit. You will thank yourself in the end
        Take Shank out completely(clean if needed), drop lines down tower, loosely tighten hose clamp to line about 9-12 inches down line from top(just enough so it doesn't slide on its own) ,put shank backing pieces down line in order ( the hose clamp will stop them from sliding down any further)
        take top end of line put through the shank hole in tower (so 6" of line hanging out front of tower) install shank onto beer line.(now this is assuming you have the 90 degree elbows on back of shanks) stick the barbed portion back through tower hole(maybe a little further) slide up the shank backside fittings and the hose clamp,tighten hose clamp by angling shank to right angle so you can screw hose clamp from top of tower,(now those fittings won't go falling down line and hose clamp is secure. loosely secure shank fittings and shank nut to shank(don't tighten yet)
        Repeat same for other line.
        Then tighten shanks securely (helps to have a faucet on the shank for something to hold the shank tightly at the proper angle of the hose barbs so the aren't banging into each other.

Any questions?
        What I got:
        Beverage Air #BM23
        -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

I do it the same way, but I don't take the tower off. It is one less thing to have to hold and position, and I prefer to have the kegerator hold it for me.
          Last edited by djc; 01-31-2015, 05:28 AM.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Yeah I always had people bringing me their towers so I'm used to doing it off the unit. I can lay it down on work bench. I guess matter of preference...? Always cut my finger in the process on the edge of the damn towers!!
            What I got:
            Beverage Air #BM23
            -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

Working...
            X