Perlick DP1KP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perlick DP1KP

Hi I am new to the forum, have been a lurker for awhile.

A Perlick brand Kegerator model DP1KP has popped up on craigs list in my area, and I am having a hard time finding any information on this kegerator.

Not sure if it is an older model that has been phased out? Does anyone own of these, or know anything about it? Or even what they original sold for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Navynuke

Welcome to the forum,

I would surmise that it is a discontinued model due to the fact that Perlick does not even show it on their site. If I were to guess, I would put the original purchase price in the $2000 range.
    Perlick is a quality unit so if the unit cools & you can get it for a decent price, go for it.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

What kind of info you looking for? If I remember this is the one that had the co2 tank strapped on the back. As Iceman said perlick stuff is top end.also probably a ten year old unit roughly.
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

The lack of information as a whole really? Would you guys stray away from a 10 year old unit? It looks to be in good condition. He is asking $350. Thoughts?

Comment

navynuke,
          Don't know what you want us to say, most regulars here have True, Danby Haier, Summit or Beverage Air, few members have had practical experience with Perlicks, let alone with your model and are still posting. If you want specifics about your model from a member, honestly I think you are out of luck. But most kegerators are basically the same, cooling unit, beer dispensing and gas.
          I found pictures of your model on 'net using Google (who would have thunk that would work), seems very sturdy, mental interior, built-in drip tray. Could not see type of cooling, if like a regular refrigerator (air cooled), then a +, but I think it is cold plate. If it has a 5 lb. tank and regulator, that is about $150 of gear, faucet and coupler, maybe another $100, so you are paying $100 for a cooling unit.
          As mentioned before, if it cools properly I think it is worth it, if you bump owner down to $300, even better. It is all over this forum, but best way to check, is to have owner throw bucket of water inside and turn to 3/4 of MAX, then tell him you drop by in say 6 hours, take your own thermometer and check what it is, if in 50's you should be good, double check what owners tap water runs. Even if cooler kicks, you still have $250 worth of gear, $350 is a good price, Perlicks are on the higher priced end and are considered commercial, even though this model might be considered light commercial. I think the only one that has any practical knowledge of this brand is PointPleasantNJBeerguy, probably not this model, but all kegerators are basically the same, most gear can be re-used, cleaned and rehabbed (except hoses), main thing to look for in any used unit is cooling unit, many a member have gotten 10+ year unit running even if it didn't cool properly, though it might cost more to repair, for a $2000 unit, it looks good.
          KB
          Last edited by KillianBoy; 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by navynuke View Post
            The lack of information as a whole really? Would you guys stray away from a 10 year old unit? It looks to be in good condition. He is asking $350. Thoughts?
            $350 is not a bad price for a Perlick, or a True or Beverage Air, for that matter. I wouldn't worry a great deal about this being a 10 year old unit. As I mentioned before, as long as it is cooling properly it is worth getting, these are first quality units. Test drive it, so to speak, before you buy it. If you can bargain with the guy for less, so much the better.

Contrary to what KB has said, these units do not cost appreciably more to work on or get parts for than any other unit. Trust me on this, I AM familiar with Perlick & have serviced a good number of them.

THE ICEMAN
            Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 01-20-2015, 08:54 PM. Reason: Typo
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Email seller and ask him for the serial #.Call perlick tech service with the serial number they will be able to tell you exact age. I was just ball parking age of 10years by that type of model #
              Only negative on this model unit I can think of I think it had a drip pan area that was on the smaller side.which means excess splash outside drip pan area.
              Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 01-21-2015, 06:11 AM.
              What I got:
              Beverage Air #BM23
              with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
              -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
              -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
              -MM S/S Keg Couplers
              YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Found this unit in a 2003 Perlick catalog. Funny this model must have been going out at the time because it is not listed in the price sheets. A DP32S is listed in the price list "Available April 15th!" at $2,398.00

Am always amazed at the memory of ICEMAN, POINTPLEASANTNJBEERGUY, AND KILLIANBOY.

This unit does have a small drip tray with a drain bottle inside the unit. It does have a rear compartment for a 5# CO2 cylinder.

The tower and drip tray are located in the front right corner of the top.

Spec: 1/6 hp condensing unit, R-134a, 110/15

If it's running cold and you think the price is comfortable do it. The faucet, hoses, coupler are all standard and easily replaced. Main concern is does it get cold. That being said, is was a commercial model and can be repaired.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                X