Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dingo1414
    replied
    yeah I was hoping that wasn't the problem, the cold plate is room temperature, not cold at all. Thanks for your help KB.

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    Pat,
    If cold plate isn't cold at all, I think coolant may be absent, depending on how long it was dormant, seals or oil may have dried out, don't know, but if it doesn't cool at all (cold plate doesn't chill at all), you have to call a technician, if you got cheap it might be worth it. If it holds vacuum, it might be as cheap as $200.
    If you transported on its side, turn off and let sit for 8+ hours and see, maybe oil didn't settle.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• dingo1414
    replied
    I was told the kegerator was less than 2 yrs old and has had 4 kegs used in it. It hadn't been plugged in in awhile

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    Pat,
    I hope when you say "got" it was free. My opinion, you have total coolant loss, if you are 100% the compressor is turning on and running, I'd say there is no coolant, if it clicks, whirls and clicks it might be mechanical, no matter what it needs a technician.
    I'd look at cold plate and look for any hole or gouge (common damage made by newbies), if you were told history or in contact with previous owner, age and usage would be helpful to help you,
    KB

Leave a comment:

• dingo1414
    started a topic vissani kegerator mckc490s is room temperature

vissani kegerator mckc490s is room temperature

I just got a used vissani mckc490s. I plugged it in and put the thermostat all the way up to highest setting (6). I checked on the kegerator throughout the day and even now the next day, the kegerator is room temperature. Not even chilled by a degree or two. When I turn the thermostat nozzle, I can hear the compressor turn on. I am looking for any advice here, as I do not have any ideas on how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pat
Working...
X