Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme foamy beer maybe coupler problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what it looks like while pouring
    Attached Files

Comment

bman21,
      It is not about the terminology, but sentence structure, I can live with thingee in coupler that moves up and down, but if I have to strain to figure out what you are saying it makes life hard.
      OK, the coupler is old and abused, if you bought new, person was you bought from was being untrue about it being new, probe seal looks beat up, same with keg seal, again if you still have gas keg seal is fine.
      If you replaced probe seal with some sort of replacement from box of washers that came with kegerator, it HAS TO BE AN EXACT FIT, if not it will cause the foam you are having.
      Also can you post beer you are trying to pour? (Sorry I found it Busch Light)
      KB
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KillianBoy; 09-30-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Killianboy
        The only seal I changed was the keg seal. I then checked and found a probe seal I was going to change that but I Just wanted to mention that I was checking the temp in the kegerator using a glass with water. After reading more up on this I now know I have to pour the first glass the(n) check temp on second glass. Which read 45 degree!! That was with the max setting. So I went and made an adjustment in the temp gauge and have the glass of water at 32.1. Thinking that the beer will hopefully fall to or under 38 degrees. I also have the psi set at 12. I'm going to leave it right where it is all at for 24 hrs and see how things flow tomorrow. The last pour I had was almost all foam. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the fix. Your thoughts?
        Last edited by KillianBoy; 10-01-2014, 05:22 PM. Reason: missing letter

Comment

bman21,
          You need to read my thread, a unit without air circulation will pour warmer than keg temperature beer for 2-5 glasses, if no air circulation, I'd say beer temperature is 42-43 degrees, the PSI should be 15.5.
          My feeling is ALL your gear has been used before, whether bought as new or purported to be so, beer has flowed through your gear before you put things together, either take everything apart and clean properly or get a new coupler, beer line and other gear. If you clean I think you should replace the beer line with 7+ feet of 3/16 ID, it looks a little cloudy, which means beer stone, which means foam.
          Right now there are so many variables that might be causing your foam, you have to solve 1 at a time, by removing items which MIGHT cause a problem is the way to go.
          If it were me I'd take apart the faucet, if gunked up with brown crap, then unit was used and dirty gear is part of your problem, then replace all your gear east of the regulator, get some sort of air circulation in unit, then you can try to balance.
          KB
          Last edited by KillianBoy; 10-01-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

bman21,
            Saw you come back a couple of times, if you are still working on things , no problem, I just was looking at the picture of the pour, can you post a picture of the tower and faucet? Thanks.
            KB

Comment

bman21,
              Saw you back, again if still working on things, no problem, I found that your Igloo is also a Marvel, another re-branded kegerator, when you want or have time, please update, thanks.
              KB

Comment

another foamy pour...

I read this thread with interest, since I'm having the same problem, with the same kegerator. I have the Igloo FRB200C with it's first keg in it (1/4 Yuengling). I've been chasing the temp, since a glass of water is only down to 44 degrees over the past few hours. Any advice on the temp?
                My co2 is running about 10psi, the regulator is very difficult to adjust, I need a wrench to turn it.

the keg has been in the kegerator for a full day, first attempt at it was foamy after 4 hours, same this morning after another 18 hours. The "spare parts" that were described in the thread consisted of a bag of washers/gaskets/O-rings but all of the parts seems to have been pre-installed and these were actually spares.

20141107_140325[1].jpg20141107_140331[1].jpg
                Last edited by jacks_beer; 11-07-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

You need to check beer temp. As temp goes up, pressure needs to also. At 38 Yeungling which is 2.7 v/v is going to be looking for 12 or 13 psi. At 44 it will be looking for even more pressure (I don't have access to a chart here, but you can google force carbonation chart). The beer needs to be colder IMO to have any drinking appeal.
                  Same suggestions as mentioned above, and longer line with a tower cooler will fix most all issues.
                  What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

jacks_beer,
                    Yup, what djc said, you should back the thermostat off MAX (start at 3/4 MAX), the unit will act funny when set to MAX, also sometimes regulators have a lock ring to "freeze" the adjustment wheel, post pictures if you need help with regulator.
                    Also post if unit new or used, modifications/service done to kegerator, built-in or stand-alone, have you calibrated the thermometer? Did you check the interior temperature before putting keg in, if so, what was the temperature?
                    KB

Comment

Thread became of interest, as I have the FRB200 (not c), and am having foamy beer issues. Thanks for all the ideas to start checking! (Killians Half Keg, btw).

Comment

ajguckian,
                        Let's see I put hands on my computer and can get no read on what is causing your foam problem.
                        If you can't find your solution reading through forum read these 2 threads:

If you need help post following:
                        Post temperature of beer as requested (beer not interior or glass of water)
                        PSI
                        length of beer line
                        modifications/service done to machine
                        new or used
                        thermostat setting
                        pictures of the interior
                        BTW your v/v is 2.6
                        KB

Comment

Working...
                        X