Bag in Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag in Box

Let me first say I don't drink enough wine to justify picking up a keg but inevitably there is always one non-beer drinker in the crowd and I am always cracking open a full bottle from which only 2 or 3 glasses are ever poured. If I am lucky they are a red drinker and a portion of the bottle may end up in a spaghetti sauce or stew.

I would like to use a Bag In the Box product but don`t want to sacrafice room in the fridge to accomodate.

I was thinking that there should be a way to take a commerical bag in the box wine and connect it to a kegging system.

I have 3 product lines, and have no concerns about switching one to a wine tap.
    I am thinking I need:
    1. Replacement spout for the one that is built into the bag.
    2. A pump that is CO2 driven that will draw from the bag without putting carbonation back in.

Is there anything that MicroMatic sells - perhaps from the Soda side of the house that would work for such an application ?
    " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

Maybe you should look at their wine tapping section of the website? Third tab over, about 2" above your question.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Hi Jay,

As djc has suggested, maybe one of our wine dispensing products would work:

- Wine tapping kits
      - Bag-in-Box Equipment
      - Key elements for wine dispensing

** Keep in mind that we recommend only using 304 stainless steel for wine dispensing, so if you do end up doing some kind of conversion, you may want to also upgrade your faucet to a 304 stainless model that is suitable for wine.

Best of luck!
      Mark Borland, Micro Matic USA

Comment

Thank you for the links.

As noted I had intended on changing out the tap.
        And understand the need to use 304 or better stainless parts.
        However can you comment on shanks typically inside the beer tower ? will I need to be switching these out as well.

Any diagrams as to how to extend a C02 tank (currently used for beer) to also run one of the featured bag in box pumps would be appreciated.
        " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

Comment

Working...
        X