New long Draw system design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New long Draw system design

I am installing a new long draw system and wanted to ask what line resistance some installers design for? My last system I targeted about 23 pounds of resistance, total or trunk, jumpers, tower, rise & fall. It was mostly for euro beer that can be way over carbonated and tough to pour. The new system will be mostly American craft beer and it seemed like a system designed for about 19 or 20 pounds of resistance would be adequate. worse case I add some flow control faucets. Comments, helpful insight or insults are welcome. Thanks.

PS, Im not a pro installer I install for my own bars.

How long of a run? What size trunk line, Type of Tower and Manufacter, ?
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Originally posted by spdbump View Post
      How long of a run? What size trunk line, Type of Tower and Manufacter, ?
      Im looking for a design target, as is my system is 80'-90' trunk, 5/16, cool right tower, 8' vinyl jumper. comes out to about 18 or 19 pounds or resistance, so my question is would you add in a choker or is 19 pounds a good a target? In tha past I have gone higher, closer to 24-25 lbs of resistance.

Comment

Are you going to use straight co2 or use a blender panel? If you are using a blender what is the co2/n2 ratio ?
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

60/40 blend on most

Comment

I would reccomend doing a 70/30 blend, puts more co2 in the beer and gives a better taste over time. Using the Mcdantium calculators I came out with a target pressure of 24 and a choker length of 2.5 ft
            Colin Harrison
            Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Thanks Colin

Comment

No problem
                Colin Harrison
                Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Working...
                X