Blocked Beer Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked Beer Line

We have a glycol chilled system with two 12-line pythons. One python has developed a blocked beer line, and I can't figure out what the problem is. This system has been in service for 10 years. Each python is cleaned every 2 weeks with the Micro Matic blue cleaner, and occasionally with the red cleaner. Any Ideas? Thanks so much.

The line may have collasped, have an account that the same thing happened to. There is no way to replace one line in a glycol trunk(python). Unfortunately you are probably looking at replacing that trunk. The line may have been damaged during installation and has failed.
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Recommend you back flush the line, from the faucet to the cooler. Remove the keg coupler from the line and set the line in a 5 gallon bucket. Hook up your cleaning pump to the tower and back flush with water to remove what ever is in the line. I have found that this method will clean 90% of the issues. Blockage could be anything from debris from the top of the keg such as plastic chip from the neck cap to beer stone after a hard cleaning. I have also found BB's in the line, sabotage by a competing beer distributor. Debris will pass through the trunkline until it reaches the union of the 3/16 id line at the tower. That is generally where the blockage is located. Good luck.

Comment

you could also have a frozen line, shut off the the gly system and defrost then see if that line will pour.
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

I also recommend a reverse blow, as DCullender has suggested. Usually I would hook up a facet adapter with a 3/8 barb and attach a co2 bottle up to it. Remove product line from appropriate coupler, and turn the gas on and see what comes out in the cooler.

Also second what spdbump said about the line being frozen its either one or the other, a collapsed line seems unlikely.
          Last edited by Fleshwound; 11-23-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X