X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudzu
    replied
    Originally posted by djc View Post
    ...they run higher pressures / bigger diameter beer lines and use chokers to regulate the flow before it gets to the taps.
    Ah! I knew you guys would educate me. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• djc
    replied
    It isn't a big deal, they run higher pressures / bigger diameter beer lines and use chokers to regulate the flow before it gets to the taps. They also use glycol lines in parallel to the beer lines to keep the temperature where it needs to be.

Leave a comment:

• Kudzu
    replied
    Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
    ...from what I see, it's all about money, 1 walk-in, multiple hook-ups to different locations.
    KB
    Thanks, KB! That makes sense, and was my first guess, but I do not know how big a problem gravity might become when you have to lift 10 or 12 or more feet from floor to floor.

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    Kudzu,
    I'd be nice to have a walk-in for separate tap set-ups but for commercial beer dispensers it's all about money, 1 walk-in is cheaper than 2. Look at the commercial side of this site under "featured installations", amazing things these guys can do. From the pictures they usually run a splitter after the FOB, then on to 2 separate truck lines. Hopefully someone can confirm this but from what I see, it's all about money, 1 walk-in, multiple hook-ups to different locations.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• Draft Beer Served On Different Floors Of Large Establishment

My adult daughter, who appreciates craft beer, has gotten interested in the details of dispensing draft beer as a result of my getting a kegerator at home.

She asked how large bars and restaurants that offer wide selections of beer on draft on different floors of the establishment do it? That is, does all the beer come from one set of kegs on one level or must each bar have its own set of kegs on its level? Both approaches seem problematical.

I told her I had no idea but I knew just the folks to ask. Can someone educate us a bit?
Working...
X