Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much foam, and inconsistent pressure - help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KillianBoy
    replied
    RedGuitars,
    I’m really sorry if you took that personally but you have to understand you have to provide the information that we use to help you. How’s this, why don’t you hook your kegerator up to your computer and I’ll put my hand on mine and I’ll diagnose your problem, that really sounds ridiculous doesn’t it?
    Right now, all I know is you have a Danby (Danby recently changed how they build their kegerators, most of the old tricks won’t work on the new model) and you have Bud Select, so basically all I know is you have Bud Select. I don’t know if you have air circulation, the temperature of beer, length of line, ID of line, if you cleaned everything properly, if you hooked everything up right, if you have a CO2 leak, if you have a bad keg, etc, I can't solve your problem telepathically.
    Your PSI of 8 might be right but without temperature, I have no idea, PSI setting is based on temperature of the beer with v/v of beer (2.7), this is called balance, without the temperature I cannot say if your PSI is right.
    If 8 PSI is wrong your beer will go flat in no time, it will pour foam free, but will be flat.
    Again I apologize if my post seemed harsh but if you think by you saying –I HAVE FOAM- and there is some sort of 1 response magical solution, your are wrong-YOU- have to provide the information to help YOU, you’re the one with problems, not me, I could be like 90% of the members here and sit back and not even respond to your problem. At least I’m trying to help, if can’t deal with type of response, then read the forum, all your problems can be solved by reading the forum, it did for me. Also comments like that aren't helpful, just like my line about putting hands on the computer, not helpful.
    If the question is about the inconsistent pressure I kinda did answer it I guess.
    KB
    Last edited by KillianBoy; 07-06-2012, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RedGuitars
    replied
    Thanks, I guess...

My hand is still stinging from your slap a little though...

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    RedGuitars,
    I would consider Bud select a fairly light beer, it might do to lengthen your line, if your drinking craft beers or Sam Adams, you could go with shorter line, with Bud Select I would start at 8 feet 3/16 ID, this would slow the flow.
    Please read:

Your temperature setting has no bearing whatsoever on the temperature of the beer, display just tells you what the unit thinks the beer is. If you take the temperature of the beer from 1st glass to 10th glass the temperature should be the same in a working system. If you fluctuate from glass to glass, you need to get a fan inside or make a tower cooler to circulate air. PSI may drift right after pulling a glass but should settle down to what you set it at after a little while, if it drifts hour to hour without pulling a beer you may need to get a new one (look at how I said to reset the PSI on how I deal with cheap regulators, with my method it holds the same).
    Please read forum regarding balance, foam (are you still having foam?), carbonation chart and tower cooler. There is a huge sticky about Danby's.
    If you still have problems, re-post either in Danby sticky or your own in correct section with exact model #, what the ID of line is, what the temperature of the beer is and exact problems your having.
    Make sure you've read about how to pour a beer, temperature of glass, cleaning the system and BALANCE. To save you some searching Bud Select is 2.7 v/v, the rest your going to have to do yourself.
    KB
    Last edited by KillianBoy; 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RedGuitars
    replied
    I'm on my 2nd a keg of Bud Select. Temp and PSI and unstable at best. I set the temp at 36-37, but it fluctuates. I try to keep PSI around 8, but it seems to go up and down too. Not sure on the fan... Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    RedGuitars,
    Thinner beers need longer line, I don't know what beer you have or want or are pouring so I can't make a determination, right now you need to check what ID the beer line you have, it should be 3/16, some members have report 1/4 line which would be bad.
    Again I don't know if the regulator needs to be replaced, if you do as I said and it still won't settle down to what you set it at then yes, replace
    I honestly don't care what you paid for this or the other one, just want to help with the foam, that's all, price of the units have no bearing on your foam problem, temperature, type and brand of beer, PSI, fan (do you have one or not) and any other modifications made would help us help you with the foam problem.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• RedGuitars
    replied
    Thanks. So I still need to replace the line and the regulator? :-( Can't remember what that cost with the last Walmart POS - think it was close to $100 with the larger tank. This Danby unit was $425 - they had one on clearance, new in the box for $274, so I went for it. Guess it's like a 'free' puppy - it's gonna cost me one way or another. :-)

Thanks again for the advice.

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
    RedGuitars,
    "A little better quality Danby than my previous Walmart version."
    Does this mean you have a Danby?
    Chinese made regulators aren't well made and have problems, if it's the screw type with tightening nut, you might have to release some gas till under 10 PSI, turn to desired PSI and tighten nut to hold screw. If after doing this, if the PSI doesn't steady back to what you set it at after pouring beer, then it's probably bad.
    The new Danby's have a standard thermostat control and I think, still a fan. The only thing you need to do is lengthen beer line, you should check the ID of the stock line you have.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    RedGuitars,
    "A little better quality Danby than my previous Walmart version."
    Does this mean you have a Danby?
    Chinese made regulators aren't well made and have problems, if it's the screw type with tightening nut, you might have to release some gas till under 10 PSI, turn to desired PSI and tighten nut to hold screw. If after doing this, if the PSI doesn't steady back to what you set it at after pouring beer, then it's probably bad.
    The new Danby's have a standard thermostat control and I think, still a fan. The only thing you need to do is lengthen beer line, you should check the ID of the stock line you have.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• Too much foam, and inconsistent pressure - help please!

I used to hang out here, but I sold my kegerator a few years ago. Bought another one recently - too good a deal at Home Depot. A little better quality Danby than my previous Walmart version. The first one - I came here and upgrade the tiny CO2 tank, lines, regulator, etc.

This one came with most of the improvements I made to the first one, dual gauge regulator, larger CO2 tank - but I still have lots of foam, and the pressure is not constant. I adjust it, pour a beer, and it changes - drops... Then if I leave it sit, the pressure will rise, until the next time I pour a beer or pitcher, which is usually the latter because of the foam issue.

Advice appreciated!

Thanks.
Working...
X