Glycol Pump Specs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Pump Specs???

Is there a generic spec for glycol pumps or are they all different? I need to replace a pump but don't know the specs of it. How many gallons per hour does it need to be? Is there a certain pressure that it should not exceed?

thanks

Which brand of machine ?
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

It's a ******, but I have had calls on Micro Matic and Perlick as well as units with no brand name! So are all these pumps the same? They all seem to be the Procon style, just don't know if they are the same specs? I am just wondering if they are all the same and if there is a universal pump to have in stock when one goes out? It's a pain calling each company and trying to figure out what unit it is and then setting up an account to buy one pump.

thanks

Comment

If you have the manufacturer, I assume you can get the model number. You could then find the capacity and specs. and just order somethign that is at least that size.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
          If you have the manufacturer, I assume you can get the model number. You could then find the capacity and specs. and just order somethign that is at least that size.
          I understand that I can do that, the question is..."Is there a generic spec pump that will work for all brands"? That way I can stock them and fix right away rather than the customers system be down while I order one.

Comment

I misunderstood. I thought you were doing a one off repair.
            What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

There is not a generic specification for all pumps. The power packs' pumps are designed to circulate the fluid based on the bath size and compressor capabilities. If the glycol solution is turned too fast, efficient heat transfer will not occur.

Best practice is to contact the manufacturer to determine flow specification. Normally a GPH (gallon per hour) specification.
              Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

What I did was go on the different manufacturer's websites and download the PDF file for the different power packs. The info you seek is in those PDFs.

Comment

Working...
                X