Glycol Machine Run vs Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Machine Run vs Start

I am wondering if anyone knows why some glycol machines have a switch that has a position designated run, off, and start. I know some machines have a separate switch for the cooling unit and the circulating pump but this particular machine does not, just the one switch. I am thinking that the run should return the machine back to circulating cooling glycol, off should turn off the machine completely, and start only cooling the glycol bath while not circulating. I've heard maybe that there is a start mode to cool the bath before circulating to avoid burning out the pump mechanism as some pumps require the bath to help keep their temps regulated as well. Any info or thoughts help. Why a run and a start mode, arrant they more or less the same thing?

Thanks

Perfect Pour Services

Who manufactures the unit? Only reason for this mode would be to stop circulation during line cleaning.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Sounds like a Chill-Rite unit.

Unit must have glycol circulating to start refrigeration unit. Has a circulation sensor on the glycol pump. Will shut down compressor if no glycol circulating.

Toggle to START, to start glycol pump. Hold on START for a couple of seconds, think it's 5 seconds but not positive.
      Then quickly toggle to RUN. DO NOT hessitate in the middle position as this if the OFF position and will shut down unit.

This proceedure must be followed every time the unit is started up.

Hope this helps.

The Draft Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X