Extreme Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Cleaning

I have a restaurant here that we took control of cleaning just a month or so ago. The old cleaner seems to have neglected the system for a while before we took over, as after a couple cleanings, the Widmer Hef Line clogged from all the sediment that our new cleaning was breaking free inside the line. The system is a 5 line glycol system with a ******* tower that uses 3/16 tubing as a choker vs barrier tubing b/c of age of instalation. The lines run about 50 feet or so. We have attacked each line independently with lengthy runs of solution of Five Star's PBW. Even after multiple runs of about an hour at 110 degrees with glycol machine off and using a recirculating pump we are still pulling heavy build up from the system. My question is, short of replacing the trunk lines, is there a cleaning process or chemical to use for a deeper heavier cleaning?

You may have a significant amount of beer stone build up. Use an acid cleaner to remove this inorganic substance. Go to the keg cooler and attempt to read the print on the hard wall tubing and post. Based on the type of line, you, at or may not have to replace.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Does anyone know how long is the maximum PBW can be left in the pipes? Nobody uses PBW in the UK so I am just trying to find out a little more about how to use it.
      Morepour Drinks Dispense

Comment

It probably loses effectiveness after max contact time is exceeded, 20 minutes. The best cleaner I have found for heavy build up was clear tap by National Chemical
        Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
        Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

Originally posted by happytappy View Post
          It probably loses effectiveness after max contact time is exceeded, 20 minutes. The best cleaner I have found for heavy build up was clear tap by National Chemical
          What all have you tried? I, personally, have not seen very good results from anything from national chemicals.

Comment

I have tried all the products available through micro matic
            the foxx super flo products
            the national chemical line
            the 5 star line
            enerco corp of grand ledge, mi
            and on and on, always trying different line cleaners, caustic and acid
            Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
            Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

I found that the best results when cleaning a neglected system came from using either Penetrate, or DAC from National Chemical. But the best method I've used yet is with a custom built machine and fittings, and pumping from the cooler OUT to the taps with an ice water rinse. Any questions, PM me.

Comment

Working...
              X