Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 x 7 Walk-in Cooler for 24 Faucet System

Hi Guys,

My first post here. I just finalized a lease on my first business venture and am planning out the components of the bar. I'm opening up a craft beer bar in California and want to have 24 taps available. Size is a limitation at our location and the largest cooler i can fit in is 10x7 ft.

I made a diagram to dimensions for the cooler layout. It includes the 4 inch thick walls and I rounded up to 17.5 diameter for each keg. Around the perimeter I'd install shelving so everything would be stacked in two. The blue circles are the tapped kegs on the perimeter. I'd have back up kegs stacked in two on rolling casters (green circles) that I'd be able to move around easily to access the taps whenever I needed to change one out.

Do you guys think this setup would be feasible? Thanks for your input.

http://i.imgur.com/nJmM2.jpg

I am not an expert but it seams to me if the door were closer to the middle of the cooler you could utilize the space better.
    No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Originally posted by manthedan View Post
      Hi Guys,

My first post here. I just finalized a lease on my first business venture and am planning out the components of the bar. I'm opening up a craft beer bar in California and want to have 24 taps available. Size is a limitation at our location and the largest cooler i can fit in is 10x7 ft.

I made a diagram to dimensions for the cooler layout. It includes the 4 inch thick walls and I rounded up to 17.5 diameter for each keg. Around the perimeter I'd install shelving so everything would be stacked in two. The blue circles are the tapped kegs on the perimeter. I'd have back up kegs stacked in two on rolling casters (green circles) that I'd be able to move around easily to access the taps whenever I needed to change one out.

Do you guys think this setup would be feasible? Thanks for your input.

http://i.imgur.com/nJmM2.jpg
      Possibly you will be utilizing sixtels and slim 30 sized kegs as well. This will free up some space for backups. You may want to have only one row of backups in the middle of the cooler as having easy access to the keg stations is critical when changing empties.

Any reason for the regulators being on one wall? Normally they are positioned at each keg station. Otherwise you will be using a ton of pressure line to get to each keg station. Will this be a glycol system? How long is the run? Lot of details to consider. You may want a lengthy discussion on details before proceeding. If interested, we can consult with you via phone. Let us know and we'll send a private message.

I would hate to think that you have this designed and installed improperly and not realize low pour cost and high resale once operating.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

most craft beers are available in 1/6ths and they only weigh 60#, a shelf system above the lower full kegs will allow for almost double the tapped space...somthing to consider, and they are only 9 1/4".

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions everyone, I do appreciate it. I do anticipate using sixtels and slim kegs as well, I just wanted to make the layout to overestimate how much real estate I have in the cooler.

RE: Scott
          I'm a first time business owner and this is my first go around at building/designing a draft beer system. Some more details about the system-- the run will probably be about 20 feet - 30 feet depending on design. I do plan on glycol as well.

I'm working with Brian from mirco matic here on the west coast in Northern CA on getting some quotes and he referred me to some installers in my area for advice. The first guy I talked to told me I'd only be able to do no more than 10 faucets with the size of my cooler, so I went into sort of a panic mode and made the diagram to see what sort of layout I could work with and came here to seek advice.

As with the secondary regulators, I'm not well versed on the technical details of the process and would definitely go with your or the installers advice about how to set it all up. This was just a rough schematic of how I'd want to lay it out. I figured it'd be easy to control CO2 without having to move around the backups to get to the regulators. Having them positioned closer to each keg is no big deal; excuse my lack of knowledge

Thanks for your input and I'd greatly appreciate any advice/tips you'd have for me.

Comment

I'll send a private message to you with contact number so we can discuss. A major aspect for your system design to consider is to stay away from CO2 and utilize mixed gas via a gas blender. Brian's recommendation is solid. I want to be certain that you know as much about your system as possible. Your goal should be to acquire low pour cost while realizing high resale. Talk to you soon.
            Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
            X