Danby Back Icing over Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby Back Icing over Hole

Well i have had this problem a few times but i know the drain hole in the back of the danby is clear. I guess everytime this danby defrosts which i never notice. The water that drains off ends up freezing over the drain hole. After a while it completely freezers over the back. Any ideas on how to prevent this like drilling the whole alot bigger so it doesnt clog or what?

Could be that you are getting more than normal ice buildup and when it defrosts pieces are falling off and blocking the hole. Do you open the door often or are the door seals damaged?
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

nah i usually dont open the door at all. Do you think it has anything to do with my tower cooling fan pointed right toward the back pulling air from there? How can i tell if my seals are bad? Does seem like the fridge is running alot not sure though if its just me thinking that.

Comment

Could be. the fan may be drawing too much moist air over the plate. Try to reroute it and see if it helps.

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

Comment

Alright i figured it would have it pointed at the spot that has the coldest air which is why i have always had it facing that direction. Will give it a shot. Does you compressor seem to run pretty often when set at 36? Seems like been running pretty strong lately may just be the temps in the house with the ac off who knows..

Comment

It would seem that way, but your fan will find cold air anywhere. Some of your longer compressor time may be coming from the AC being off. But some of it is likely coming from the ice buildup. The efficiency of the appliance takes a dive when it ices up. Also the humidity in your home increased when you shut down the AC.

There is also a possibility that your defrost cycle just doesn't work well. Is this something that has just started?

Comment

I believe it might have just started but it seems like the fridge has been just running more then usual. There isnt much ice on the back now at all and it is pouring fine. When it completely ices over the temp goes up and i start to notice more foam obviously. I think it may just b the temperature in the house. Its not even hot might just be the humidity. I guess it doesnt really matter that its running all the time does it? I cant figure out why it would be running all the time maybe it usually does. Does your back ice up a little but not down over hole?

Comment

Mine will ice up because it no longer defrosts. But it never goes over the hole. I just unplug mine once in a while and leave the door open to defrost.

Comment

how long do you do this for and is there a keg in there? If mine ices over i have to dump boiling water through to clear it out.

Comment

I do it for 20 minutes or so every other week or when I clean lines. And I open my door a lot as I often keep a few bottles of beer in there, olives for my wife's martinis and my growler and the tube I fill it with. I never have any problems.

Comment

well its happening again 2nd time in a month that the whole back is iced over the whole im so confused as to why this is happening. I never open it up just to check that whole and of course it happened again. Maybe i need to drill the whole bigger im so confused

Comment

Working...
                      X