Cloudy last pint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy last pint

I just finished 1/2 of Lagunitas IPA and the very last pint I poured was cloudy as if something was floating at the top of the beer in the keg. It tasted ok but it just looked too weird and I dumped it. Anyone else have this experience?
    No CRAP! on tap

First off lets praise your beer tastes. Great beer you're drinking there. Second I would would say that pretty normal. The keg is dispensed from the bottom so when that last beers comes up it can stir up some of the sediment from the bottom of the keg. Some excessively (I mean that in the best possible way) hopped beers will appear to be a tad cloudy and over time these proteins (or whatever they are) will settle out and gather on the bottom of the keg. This is the same for keg conditioned beers, the secondary fermentation used to carbonate the beer will produce yeast which will settle down there too when they are done. Also, as the keg gets lower people tend to check it more often. Perhaps the kegs was disturbed slightly and that caused the yeast/sediment to remix with the beer.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Working...
    X