Quick cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick cleaning?

I've just gone through my first 1/6 keg and I want to have beer for this weekend... Problem is, I obviously won’t have time to order the line cleaning kit. Is there anything I would be able to buy at Lowes/Home Depot that I could use to clean my line before tapping a keg for this weekend? Also, could I use dishwashing detergent or other household chemical to clean with?

If it is only a 1/6 keg & it didn't take you more than a month to drink it, you should be OK.

Comment

It had been tapped since 5/30

Comment

You should be OK. It won't poison you.

Comment

Definitely won't poison you. You could pull off the faucet and brush/rinse to get some of the yeast build up off which would help things. Other than that, go crazy and get a cleaning get as soon as you can.
          Ed
          Blue Line Draft Systems
          www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

hot water seems to work for me

Comment

dish soap will mess everything up, just use hot water.

Comment

I just want to know whether silicone scrubber can work for this cleaning job. Have anybody used that scrubber before?

Comment

Have you tried vinegar and hot water? I think it could be an effective cleaning agent.

Comment

Horrible advice from a troll. Anyone watching this do not use vinegar.
                    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
                    X