Keg Leaking Out of Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Leaking Out of Top

I recently purchased a used kegerator from a friend who inhearted it from a bar that went under. Upon purchase, I completely replaced all of the parts that contact the beer including the couplers, towers, faucets and lines. Once everything was connected, I noticed after a few days I had beer coming out of the top of the keg where it connected to the coupler. The leak appears to be slow, but it is getting annoying to clean. Is this common?

I have approx. 12 psi of CO2 coming through the line and the fridge temp is 42degrees. I know this temp is a little high, but i'm working on getting that down to 38.

Does anybody know why this is happening or more importantly how do i fix it. I'm open to any and all suggestions right now. Its getting old cleaning up beer out of the bottom of my fridge everyday.

If the leak is on top of the coupler, you are probably missing a beer washer. It is not normal for beer to leak anywhere.

Check out the "Anatomy of a Kegerator" video for tips on assembly.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I had this same problem with the first keg I tapped and I was indeed missing a washer on the beer line to the coupler.

Comment

Indeed I was missing a washer. Once I installed it, the problem was solved. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I have the same problem, I'm assuming I need the same fix... I've already tapped a keg can I "untap" it and fix the problem and then "retap"?

Thanks

Newbie Kegorator Guy

Comment

It will be fine to untap and fix this.
            Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
            but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks!!!

Problem fixed

Comment

I am having this problem as well. Is the gasket recommended in this thread go in between the beer line and the coupler? Could the leak also be the big gasket on the bottom of coupler?

Comment

Working...
                X