Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Line Cleaning Business Questions

Hi Guys,
    My name is Travis.. I work as a bartender and keg room mataince guy for Bj's Restaurant and Brewhouse. I just started doing the mataince part recently(the last few months). But I have come to understand the system so well, my knowledge surpasses all of my managers. I have fixed lingering problems that have plagued our system since we opened almost two years ago. We have a walk in cooler with 16 diffrent beer line, four of which are have quad chained kegs, as well as two 15 keg towers that we make and dispense root beer from, I do that all the root beer too.
    It is by far the most complicated and biggest system in the area. It's got me thinking though, after dealing with the two local distribution outfits in town, it's over whelmingly clear that I know more then the guys they send out to fix problems. I also know they don't clean any of the lines they handle unlessed ask, and even then they don't do it well or right. With over 1,000 restraunts and bars in this area and no other competition that I can find in the area besides the two distributors, I see a very large oppertunity to fill a need not being met.
    So what I ask is this, please help me with any information you are willing to provide to help me make this a reality. The only method i do know for cleaning, the one i was trained on at Bj's, we use cleaning cans, PBW, nitric acid, and water, in three step process in that order. I can couple two lines at a time, and run one keg of each through, I disassbemble the keg heads and tavern heads and i soak brush and rinse them, reesemble the whole thing and the beer come out crystal clear and crisp. I'm supposed to do this every two weeks but my managers are cheap and won't give the hours to this as often as it should be done.
    But i have learned and know so much about draft beer lines, at least ours, i feel i can sell these services to other restaurants and bars and make a killing. please help me. I know some information you might give me is confidental, so feel free to email me at acesonaces@gmail.com.

thank you so much to anyone that replies, and I'm sorry for and spelling and grammer mistakes
    Last edited by TheArkatak; 06-27-2008, 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling

the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step! if you feel confident in your work go for it. beat the bushes and find out whats up . good luck and good hunting! cya brianatkcdraft

Comment

give me a buzz

pm or email me and ill let you know how to get started,and different options you might have

Comment

Commenting on this post because I am also thinking of starting up a Draft system cleaning and maintenance business in Colorado. If anybody could give me some pointers on the legality of this business that would be awesome! I am not sure what insurance I would need and also a bit unclear on colorado laws regarding who is held responsible for line cleaning. Is a privatized line cleaning business even feasible in colorado?

Thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
        X