Beer In Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer In Regulator

I recently bought a (beautiful) Micromatic Double Guage Premium regulator battery. Been working great so far...

Unfortunately, while force carbonating a cornelius keg I had to reduce some pressure. I dialed back the knob and got a pleasant spray of beer in my face. Apparently, beer back up the pressure line into the regulator.

How can I clean this thing? And to stop it from happening again, did I do something wrong?!?
    --------------------
    John
    Cincy, OH

I don't see why you can't attempt to disassemble the regulator just as you would were you replacing the diaphragm. There should be an excellent breakdown assembly drawing on the regulator page where you can order replacement parts. Warm water I would think would be all that would be needed to clean this up.

In the future disconnect the gas in line if you need to back off the regulator. I've tried force carbing and now I use priming sugar and naturally carbonate my beer. I can't say that it makes it taste any better, but I won't have an overcarbed keg or beer soaked regulator either.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Is there anything I should be worried about when disassembling the regulator? I've never replaced the diaphragm before, and I've seen a seat tool required. I don't want to accidently disassemble something that will require special tools to reassemble!

And sorry for posting in commercial...was in a hurry and meant this to go in troubleshooting home systems.
      Last edited by YuenglingFan; 03-02-2008, 06:31 AM.
      --------------------
      John
      Cincy, OH

Comment

Working...
      X