Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about starting a beer line cleaning business

hey everyone,
    Im new to this forum and Im thinking about starting my own line cleaning business in maryland. I still have to figure out the laws here on who cleans them and the insurance needed. I was wondering if I could have some insight on the business on to what you need to start, if its profitable to do full time, how hard is it to learn( i know the basics I clean the lines at my job right now). Also what people charge for the job and what all you should include in the cleaning. where i can find out the laws in my state and any other useful info. I know im asking alot and I understand if some of you dont want to answer but any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Check out Craig's List Portland, OR. I was searching for spare equipment today and someone was selling their beer line cleaning business which they claimed stretched from the suburbs of Portland into our wine region (probably a ten mile radius). I'm not serious about it, but it made me curious of their revenue numbers. Said give em a call. Why not?

Comment

I have been cleaning for 2 plus years now and still enjoy it. The wife has the executive bread winning position in the family so it is really a hobby that I get paid for. To do it full time, would be another story, 5 days a week, 5-10 accounts a day (depends on # lines/distance/etc.) 22 days a month would have you looking for 250 accounts (2 week cycle) Who is in your area now ? Can distributors clean ? for free ? How many potential accounts are in your area ? What time of day can you clean ?
      For education, the MIcromatic course is essential, definitely ask questions about cleaning/maintenance. Rates for cleaning start at 6 $ a line, some with a minimum of 18-20 $ for the first 2. It varies from market to market. Mail me with more specific questions and I will be more than happy to help. clean beer is good !
      Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
      Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

I am looking to do the same thing. I am a brewpub brewer looking to do some side work in this area. Any info from anyone in the biz would be great. I know most distributors do it for free in my neck of the woods (Jersey) but most companies never really ask them. Also, I am looking to purchase a circulation cleaning pump for the job, but not exactly sure how it is done. So info in that department would be great. Have an idea but need to to know before I invest in a $200-$500 pump. Thanks
        Matty

Comment

Line Cleaning Business

This thread may be a little stale but it caught my eye only because I'm golfing with a guy tomorrow who has a very successful line cleaning business with about 1,300 accounts and 14 employees. His contract is with the distributors, not the restaurant owners. The distributors like the idea because their employees time is more valuable by having more accounts, not standing around cleaning draft beer lines.

I know his business is successful because he trains his staff to build relationships with clients. He also has his staff offer tips to clients on how to operate more efficiently with ideas from fellow clients. For example, recommending good POS systems, top selling draft beers and inventory control products like TapMate that eliminate draft beer theft.

I have an interest in his business for other reasons, namely we call on the same customers for different products. As long as you guys that are thinking about getting into this business don't impact his market, I'm sure there would not be a problem with him sharing his secrets of success. You may have to buy him a beer or something.

If I see some heat back on the thread, I will post what I learn.

Good luck fellow entrepreneurs!

HBSean
          Attached Files

Comment

Line Cleaning Business

Stumbled upon this thread. I've never thought about this kind of business, sounds interesting and fun. I have come across many places where both my wife and I felt the system/lines were dirty because of the off-tasting beer. I currently work a desk job, hating going to work everyday and watching the clock to go home. My wife is the bread-winner and she has many times told me that if I can find something I enjoy doing and can still bring money in, then do it. My Father-in-law is close to retirment and he and I have been trying to figure out something we can do together. I'd love to hear more from people that have done or do this for a living (start-up costs, time, income, etc.).

I also live in Maryland.
            Mmmmmm....beer!

Comment

John

Hi I have built up a successful beverage dispense syystem servicing business in Western Australia. Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries (google J & R Fedele for contact details)

Comment

Info

Any others out there that have gotten into this type of business either full or part-time. How do you start? How much do you make?

Still trying to find something I'd actually enjoy.
                Mmmmmm....beer!

Comment

Originally posted by jedivader View Post
                  Any others out there that have gotten into this type of business either full or part-time. How do you start? How much do you make?

Still trying to find something I'd actually enjoy.
                  If you find something interesting to do let us know, as I need all of the help I can get. Liquidated our trucking company this year and the wife wants me out of the house asap. Problem is, living in MI with 20-30% unemployment it is difficult to find much of anything. My local beer store is even laying off employees.

I thought of starting another business, but with the coming tax hikes in MI and Fed, I am a little leery, as I have been there and done that. Taxes and regs killed my last business along with the tanking economy. I think I need something underground, cash only, so that I can actually keep some of what I earn.

If only I had some of that money my tax returns said I made.

Mike

Comment

Hi bro. If you are thinking about starting your own line cleaning business in Maryland, so you need to think about web developing and ordering good advertising. What do you think about the https://owlab.group/services/startup-development? I see, you know nothing about web developing and its pros, but I can say for sure, you need that if you wanna develop your business.
                    Cheers
                    Last edited by ruools; 08-14-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X