Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad keg?

Hi all,
    I have a "true tdd-2" kegerator setup and i think i came across a bad keg. it just tastes horrible. I don't think it has anything to do with my setup because I just went through a keg of Sierra Nevada with no issues. I bought a keg of Miller Lite because my little sister just turned 21 but it tastes horrible (i know miller lite isn't great but this is really bad) any suggestions on how to get an exchange or is this common/uncommon?

I don't think it is my setup. I have psi at 12 with temps stable at appx 38. I have all stainless steel with perlick faucets and 5' of beer hose. Let me know what you guys think...

thanks,
    mobo

Take it back where you got it and tell them what you posted here. I had a keg once that tasted terrible and was the foamiest wildest thing I ever tapped. We put up with it as long as we could (having a party) and finally I called the store and they told me to bring it back and exchange it. I offered to pay for the portion we used (almost 3/8 of a keg) but they refused, apologized (it wasn't their fault) and gave me a new keg. Of course I am a long term, repeat and regular customer. Were I not they may have told me to get bent.

To make a long story short, all they can do is say no.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

When did you clean the lines last? Miller Lite is a "delicate beer" and may not be able to stand up to some funk that Sierra might, or it might be a bad keg like you say. If it is then you could certainly bring it back.
      Ed
      Blue Line Draft Systems
      www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

The setup should be ok because I thoroughly cleaned the coupler and the actual beer line is brand new from micromatic... I just want to make sure I have enough ammunition to get my point across. I have seriously poured 3 glasses to have people try and confirm that it tastes like a$$.

Comment

Working...
        X