Outdoor keg tap protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor keg tap protection

I have a keg out in the garage. It has a cover over the spout but I'm wondering if there's a better cover/ protector for everything including the spout and pull handle?

What do you mean by ‘better’, what are you trying to accomplish?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Yeah, should have clarified.
      As it is now, the tap cover will have some old drips dried up in them. I'll have to spray it out with a bit of water.
      I'm looking for something that will protect the entire tap, pull handle assembly. Keeping it safe from bugs and from accumulating some 'gunk' that seems to build up over time until I clean the lines and wash everything.

Comment

Covering everything won’t really get you much. I have had a garage set up for 10 years and never capped anything and never had problems. The reason the caps are getting gunked up is because the cap stops the drip from just going into the drip tray. One thing you should do is change to forward closing faucets - there is no mechanism exposed to air - so gunk will never be a problem.

if you do feel you have to cap the faucet, put some Star San in it which will prevent gunk from forming.
        Last edited by djc; 08-13-2022, 02:14 PM.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X