Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long draw pump gas pocket problems

Good Morning

We have 6 brite tanks that we are using as serving vessels. The temperature in those vessels are 38F. From the tank outlet, we have the beer traveling in an insulated (not glycol chilled) line to the input of the beer pump. It's a 8 foot line approximately. From the pump outlet, the beer travels 5 feet in an insulated (not glycol chilled) line to the trunk line (36F). It travels 60 feet in the trunk line to the walk in box (38F) where it goes through a FOB and then into another trunkline to the taps which are approximately 120 feet away. I'm operating the beer pumps on the same regulator with CO2 at 15 psi.
    The problem I'm having is that beer that is in the line after the pump/pre trunk line #1 is developing large pockets of gas. I assume this is CO2 separating from solution as a result of ambient temperature in the room.
    Once this pocket of gas makes it into the FOB it forces the ball down and stops the flow of beer.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Do I need to extend the glycol from the trunk lines to follow the beer in the insulated lines?

The beer enters the taps in two 8 product Kool Rite lines. Other than the restriction from the Kool Rite lines, the lines before the Kool Rite have no restriction. We are pouring from adjustable flow faucets and don't seem to have a problem with flow.

Thanks for any help. We really appreciate it.
Working...
X