Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer line cleaning questions

Good day all,

I know there have been a ton of beer line cleaning questions out there but I felt my position was a bit different and I am a total newb to this. I have a setup that came with the house I just bought and I'm not sure if i should clean or replace the lines. The setup is below.

Glycol line cooler (micro matic)
    2 beer tap lines
    Trunk line spans over 40 feet with 30 of it flat (horizontal)
    Lines have been used in over 2 years and I am not sure if they were cleaned prior to decommission
    Trunk line is run in basement above drop ceiling

With that being said would you think i should clean the trunk lines or replace? Replacing is possible but wont be easy. The line as stated is over 40 feet and runs down a brass column to the main bar. I'm pretty sure i can replace it but it wont' be easy.

Thanks

If the lines are truly Micro-Matic,and only 2 years old, clean them.

Comment

The trunkline will be fine with a cleaning, but I would recommend replacing any vinyl lines in the system. If you have vinyl jumpers connecting the couplers to the trunkline or vinyl restriction connecting the trunkline to the tower they should be replaced, especially if they have been in disuse for any length of time. Also, it would be worth flushing the glycol fluid out of your chiller and replacing it with a 2.5:1 water to glycol ratio.

Comment

Working...
      X