Certain Beers Foaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain Beers Foaming

Last year we replaced our beer lines and towers to add more beers. We use to have foamy beer problems so it seemed like a win win situation. Are beer cooler and glycol machine are located in the basement directly under the bar. The cooler is temping at 38 degrees and the glycol machine is at 32 degrees. PSI on all beers are at 18. Now that we are rounding our first year of the new tap lines and towers we are seeing some foaming on beers.

We have our lines cleaned every other week. One tower sweats all the time and one never sweats. The tower that sweats we are have issues with the two beers in the center. Which are Bud Light and Kirin. We are seeing a lot of fogginess in the line. However the other two beers aren't haven't any issues.

On the tower that doesn't sweat we are having issues with the two outer beers. Which are an IPA and Stella.

What would you all do to troubleshoot before calling in help? Would should I make sure is corrected if I call for help. Surely it isn't good that one towner is sweating and another isn't? Its just all weird to me why two beers on each tower are working correctly and two aren't....

Any feedback is much appreciated.

UPDATE: I asked out Bud Light rep to look at it and he said it may be because a change in temp, but why would the other pour fine? He also said those lines may have separated from the glycol lines? He also said all the PSI are correct for the length of the lines. Thanks for the help all!

Are you running mixed gas or 100% CO2? If a blend, what's the blend ratio?
    Are you using beer pumps on the system? It sounds like you're not.

What is the temp of the product in the glass out each faucet? If your walkin cooler is 38* and its coming out 38*, you can stop worrying about temps and glycol and separating lines. Also, you can stop looking at the issue of one tower sweating or not. Also when checking the walkin cooler temp, make sure to temp liquid in the cooler, not air temp.

Not sure what pressure your system is needing. 18psi is kinda a weird number to hear. Usually its 16 or 24 or greater. Thats not to say that the installer didn't build it for 18psi.

This step is only to be done after you verify both cooler and faucet temps are holding consistent at 38*...
    Close off gas to all kegs except 1 of your problem kegs. Bump the pressure of the gas on that single keg to 24psi. See if packing the line helps. If it does, you might want to think about changing to mixed gas or the blend of mix your using to allow the system to run at a greater psi without over carbonating the product.

If its 100% CO2, just make sure to pull the pressure back out of the single keg after trying the pressure increase. Don't let 100% CO2 sit on your kegs for more than a couple hours.

Cheers,

Perfect Pour Services
    (503) 714-5020

Comment

Working...
    X