Pressure at keg not pouring correct until I use over 25psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure at keg not pouring correct until I use over 25psi

I have a system with beer pumps and fobs feeding from a "y" that either comes from bright tanks or kegs. When I get certain kegs I can't get it to pour correct until I turn pressure on keg to 25-30 psi. The system is balanced for 22 psi so I have the pumps to 22-23 psi. I don't understand why the kegs only pour right at such a high pressure? Temp is around 39-40f . the line size I have is 3/8" on the panel until I hit the wall bracket that feeds the trunk which is 1/4" feeding 2 towers. The system is also 100% co2. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Will need more info. Are you setting the pressure on the keg to 25-30 or the beer pump? 25-30 psi straight CO2 on the keg is double the recommended pressure. What type of problems are you seeing? Burst of foam? Continual foam? Large/small bubbles from keg to pump? What style beer is giving you trouble? CO2 content of the beer?

Comment

I've got one better that I need help with, I've got a 175'run from the walk in to the tower. It has pumps that came with a piece of paper from Perlick that said the applied pressure is set at 15psi and the pump pressure should be 38-40psi. I have a gas blender for 70/30 mix for the applied keg pressure and the pumps are running on 100%co2. There are 4 beers pouring through this trunk line. the two outside taps pour fine. the two inside taps are pouring really fast and foamy, temperature of the beer at the faucet is 40-41 degrees F. All the beers are lager.
      The two outside taps pour beautiful but the two inside just belch foam, sometimes the problem lines pour fine for a few seconds then they stream foam and burp..... any help would be appreciated.... I dont' want to turn the pump pressure up anymore as the two other lines are pouring fine.....Glycol bath is a beautiful 32 degrees in the bath.

Comment

Working...
      X