Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting proper cascade on Nitro beer

Hey all,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I switched a line at one of my accounts from a 70/30 blend to a 25/75 blend using an NUCO2 blender box (it was already installed, they just weren't using the 25/75 side). It's about a 100' run with 4' net of elevation increase. I started the pressure at about 26 and wasn't getting a proper cascade effect, so I upped it to 30 and it still isn't producing that wonderful cascade, and yes - I did put in a brand new nitro faucet when I switched the line and the beer being poured IS in fact a nitro beer. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
    Last edited by TBud16; 11-07-2016, 12:19 PM. Reason: Added Tags

Whats is the blend box's pressure set at? What was set at 26 and 30?

Comment

Blender box is set at 50. The secondary regulator was at 26, then bumped to 30.

Comment

Have you tried 60 or higher on the blend box? Is it a nuco2 nitrogenator supplying the blender? Or are they just using a tall cyllinder of 75/25 gas?

Ive seen those at 70-80 (nitrogenator) , but I cant remember the nitro PSI on the blender
        I only remember the nuco2 nirogenator being that high because one of my accounts had a leak in their theirs come to find out and I kept watching the PSI drop quickly before it would kick back on LOL I told them for 3 months about the leak but nuco kept delaying coming to fix it

But it just seems like a pressure issue, if the blender isnt high enough with a long(er) run, either the nitrogenator needs to be higher, or the secondary needs to be, but you have to find that small threshold without over carbing the keg

Comment

They have straight nitro and straight CO2 tanks which both go into the blender.

So you think that because it is such a long run, as they pull beers gas isn't isn't able to keep up which causes the beer to loose nitrogen? Thanks for your help, I've never had an issue like this before but also haven't switched a line to nitro on such a long run. I'll go in tomorrow and turn the blender up to 60 - 70 and a few more psi on the secondary. What's the max psi I should go to on the secondary?

Comment

Originally posted by TBud16 View Post
            They have straight nitro and straight CO2 tanks which both go into the blender.

So you think that because it is such a long run, as they pull beers gas isn't isn't able to keep up which causes the beer to loose nitrogen? Thanks for your help, I've never had an issue like this before but also haven't switched a line to nitro on such a long run. I'll go in tomorrow and turn the blender up to 60 - 70 and a few more psi on the secondary. What's the max psi I should go to on the secondary?

Try 60 first, then 30-32 on secondary just like Guinness, dont want to over carb the keg

Last edited by PremiumVADraftTech; 11-09-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Check what the minimum inlet pressure is on that blender. Most Mcdantiums are 55psi not sure on NUCo2
              Colin Harrison
              Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Working...
              X