Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam for day and a half after line cleaning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam for day and a half after line cleaning.

I cleaned a location for the first time today that has had a problem with foam for a day and a half after lines are cleaned. I checked before cleaning and beer was pouring fine and temperature was at 39 degrees in the glass. after cleaning the beer was pouring foamy. The glass was a beer clean glass and the temperature was at 40 in the glass.

I have been cleaning lines for 25 years and never had this problem. The location had the beer distributors check all pressures and the Perlick installer verify that the blender, glycol unit and FOB's were working properly.

The business has been open for 10 months and I have not been able to determine if problem has existed since the beginning.

They have 30 lines that go from the cooler up 20 feet, then 50 foot across to the bar and then drop 20 foot to the towers. They also have a beer blast nitrogen generator (perlick).

Several brands of cleaning solutions have been used. Every 12 weeks they are cleaned with both an alkaline and then acid solution. The lines are properly rinsed.

I am at a loss on this one.

Joe

Maybe the trunk is ran across a heat source somewhere in the ceiling no one can see?

Are they split anywhere? and where? or just one trunk to 1 or 2 towers?

And lastly where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by PremiumVADraftTech View Post
      Maybe the trunk is ran across a heat source somewhere in the ceiling no one can see?

Are they split anywhere? and where? or just one trunk to 1 or 2 towers?

And lastly where are you located?
      Also what size is the Glycol unit? How many pumps is the unit running? Do any of the trunks run off the same pump? Is the foam problem with all 30 lines or just some? Where is the glycol unit located, any ambient temp issue with that location?
      Colin Harrison
      Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Two trunk lines that come from the cooler. Glycol unit has two pumps.. Ceiling open and trunk lines do not go near heat source. In Syracuse NY area
        g

Comment

location has two trunk lines , one off each pump. Perlick model 4414-2 set at 30 degrees. Beer cooler is at 34 degrees and glycol return is at 30 degrees. The ceiling is open type so I can see it does not split and is not near any heat sources. They are using a F O B that I haven't seen before by Perlick. The float looks like it is made from styrofoam ( can't tell without taking it apart) and they use perlick tubing inside cooler that is white.

Comment

Working...
          X