Water leak in mdd-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak in mdd-94

Hi, I have a water leak showing itself directly in the center (back or behind) of the mdd-94 unit. Picture posted so you can understand what im saying. The evap drain is in the cond pan, no water leak there. connections to glass rinser are ok. this is a mystery leak for us, as there is no explanation avail, posting here, maybe you guys could help? thank you.CAM00598.jpgCAM00604.jpgCAM00605.jpg

The unit is eye level, maybe not exact, but if its off level, its barely off, and if being barely off is going to make it leak mysterious water from a mysterious source, then wtf my friends. wtf.
    Last edited by CaseyHop; 07-02-2015, 04:38 PM. Reason: additional info

Can't really tell from the pics exactly what we're looking at. I don't suppose you could take a pic or two a bit farther back to get some perspective?

​THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      Can't really tell from the pics exactly what we're looking at. I don't suppose you could take a pic or two a bit farther back to get some perspective?

​THE ICEMAN
      Not at the moment, i'll be there again tomorrow, but i cant sit on the phone on the customers dime, ill post a pic here tomorrow morning but the leak is happening directly center line of the unit, and inside the unit is dry, theres a picture of nothing but just the inside probably not very helpful. but there is the other picture, showing the back of it and the leak, and one more picture showing the amount of leak happening over night.mdd_94_1.jpg
      Last edited by CaseyHop; 07-02-2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I could only make a few educated guesses at this point. It doesn't happen very often but it is possible the drain line tubing coming down from the evaporator is leaking inside the cabinet. Take a look at the tubing as it comes out of the evaporator pan & make sure that it is firmly on the pan fitting & that the tubing is not cracked. If you suspect it may be cracked tubing you could either run a new line on the inside if the cabinet or drill a hole all the way through the back of the cabinet & route a new line outside.

THE ICEMAN
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

thanks, im on my way to look at it, again. this ones a bugger. ill update later

Comment

CAM00882.jpgCAM00883.jpgCAM00889.jpgCAM00895.jpgCAM00898.jpg

So as you can see here, its the suction line freezing and dethawing that produces the water "leakage" would have never caught it except that it was frozen up when i got there.

edit: and what do you want to bet the floor isnt level and it just happened o be the centerline of the unit?

that last picture is a drawing i made to fabricate a drip pan. on second though maybe i should make it the length of the unit and pitch it forwards (increasing the surface area for water to evaporate) ideally we would want to figure out why its freezing up (outside of the ins. eeks! but for now im just happy we figured out what was going on)
            Last edited by CaseyHop; 07-04-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Do you know whether anyone had been into the sealed system before? Are there service valves on the system? What I am getting at is that the system might be slightly overcharged causing the suction line to frost over & freeze. What you should get on the line is a nice cold sweat, although frost coming within 8 to 10 inches of the compressor is normal so, it might just be a case of the insulation getting wet at some point.
              If the system has no valves just leave it as is. What you could do is strip away the saturated insulation & re-insulate with Armaflex tape or similar.

​THE ICEMAN
              -Dave Barry-
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
              X