True TDD-3 Not Cooling all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True TDD-3 Not Cooling all of a sudden

Picked up a used True TDD-3 last week, has a build date of 9/19/2000. Guy I bought it from plugged it in and it was down to 40 degrees within 20 minutes. Brought it back, and used it with no problems for 4-5 days (stayed at 39 the entire time). Come in this morning and it won't get below 70, no ice on the lines, compressor is running, both fans are blowing.

Any ideas to what may have happened? I unplugged the unit for a few hours and then plugged back in, removed the kegs and cleaned the coils. Its now sitting at 68.

I know what may have happened, you got hosed.

My guess would be it has a refrigerant leak and the guy pumped it full for your inspection and now it has leaked out.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
      I know what may have happened, you got hosed.

My guess would be it has a refrigerant leak and the guy pumped it full for your inspection and now it has leaked out.
      Dude must have been pumping it up every couple of days, was on craigslist for a while and I didn't give him time to fill it up before we met up... Oh well, thats what I was afraid of.

Comment

LTLucas,
        Not necessarily, IF AIR TEMPERATURE, all he had to do was pump it up just after you called him, honestly 40 degrees AIR temperature isn't that good, if you checked this forum BEFORE calling seller, air temperature should be well below 30 degrees after 20 minutes, a 5 gallon bucket of 70 degree water should fall several degrees after about an hour.
        But all depends on how much you spent on unit, under $1200, just call a technician and see what can be done, anything over $2000+, then repair might be too much, all depends on how much you paid the dude.
        KB

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
          LTLucas,
          Not necessarily, IF AIR TEMPERATURE, all he had to do was pump it up just after you called him, honestly 40 degrees AIR temperature isn't that good, if you checked this forum BEFORE calling seller, air temperature should be well below 30 degrees after 20 minutes, a 5 gallon bucket of 70 degree water should fall several degrees after about an hour.
          But all depends on how much you spent on unit, under $1200, just call a technician and see what can be done, anything over $2000+, then repair might be too much, all depends on how much you paid the dude.
          KB
          Didn't think of it that way, good info. I only gave $500, so I will probably just get my refrigeration guy to have it checked out.

Comment

You get what you pay for, especially with 14.5 year old appliances. The good news is that for the price you paid, you can throw a little more at it and have a really good unit. While he may have screwed you by telling you it worked well, his price reflected that it probably didn't.
            What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
            X