How Many Kegs From A 20 lb Beergas (nitro/co2) Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Kegs From A 20 lb Beergas (nitro/co2) Cylinder

I've seen the basic information concerning how many 1/2 kegs you can expect out of a CO2 20 lb cylinder, but I can't see anything regarding beergas (nitro/CO2).

I'm only getting around 4 50L kegs right now so I'm thinking I have a leak. Then again, I watched my gas guy fill a blended gas tank and it looked a little hokey.

tjmile1,
    Can you confirm size of tank (most times nitro tanks are designated a little differently)? and what PSI you are using (that basically determines how much gas you consume)?
    I searched 'net and found a couple of references regarding how many kegs a 5 lb tank will last (5 lb is the most popular and one extend to 20 lb), one I found on this forum says you can expect 2 lbs per 1/2 keg (if you use a higher than normal PSI), so a 20 lb should last 10 1/2 kegs, with 50 liter, you might get 1 more keg.
    KB
    Last edited by KillianBoy; 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

the usual rulle of thumb is 1# co2 to one 1/2 barrel. Should be the same for mixed, so for a 20# tank you should be getting 20 kegs .
      Colin Harrison
      Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Many, many. I cannot remember the last time I filled my CO2, and mine is only 5lb.

Comment

Install a gas inline leak detector. It will show if gas is moving through the system when the system should not be needing gas (all taps closed and kegs given time to charge). If the ball still floats, you can start looking for your leak.

404 - File or directory not found.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X