Low Side pressure rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Side pressure rising

I have a Nostalgia 2100 and have replaced all lines, regs, etc with all new MM parts inside including premium regulator, new hosing, clamps, etc. I have run about 5 kegs with this set up and have had no problems on this issue.

I've got an Anchor Steam keg running 39 degrees at 12 PSI and it's balanced pretty smoothly although my first beer can be a bit foamy. I've continually seen my low side pressure rise overnight and over the course of a few days to as high as 25-30. I'll adjust it back down only to see it happen again in as soon as 2 hours.

I've tried closing off my regulator shut off valve and turning off the tank and the high-side pressure remains the same. Opening the valve and turning it back on also keeps the pressure the same so I don't think there is a leak with the regulator.

After setting it again to 12 this morning after some pints last night, it climbed up to 20 in about 2 hours and I have again dialed it back to 12 and tightened the nut to lock it in.

does anyone have any suggestions for keeping this constant, or is there a problem with my MM regulator?

thanks

If it's brand new, I would contact MM directly for support.

I had a similar issue with mine and support suggested I disassemble the regulator and check the diaphragm for any imperfections, dust debris, etc. I did this and did find some dust on the diaphragm. I cleaned it, replaced it and it solved my problem.

Just be careful when opening the unit as there are four or 5 internal bits (maybe more, it's been a long time) and you want to be sure you don't lose anything or get them out of order.

Also, for future reference, you posted in the commercial form - you should stick to the Home Bar Dispensing topics as this is home user setup.

Comment

Bigbanski, when you lower the pressure on the regulator you must also reduce the pressure inside the keg. Shut off valve at bottom of regulator to stop flow to keg. Lower regulator pressure all the way down to 0, then slowly raise to target pressure. With regulator valve OFF, pull safety release on the keg coupler to release the gas from the keg. Now turn on the regulator valve to recharge the keg. Don't worry about the whooshing sound, it is only the gas charging the keg.

Comment

Working...
      X