X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdcollns
    replied
    Originally posted by DCullender View Post
    the main question is what pressure are you expecting these hoses to carry? This will determine which hose is correct for your use.
    I need at least 30psi for the nitrogen, but I wanted it to be a decent amount higher in case I was adjusting pressure and went off the grid a bit, or needed higher pressure for something I didn't think of now (I think some folks force carbonate soda at 50psi).

I ended up buying this http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Air-Compressors-Tools-Accessories-Accessories/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ25ecodZc29m/R-202205321/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051
    It is a 50' polyeurethane hose with brass fittings included. The polyeurethane any nylon hoses were the only ones that didn't smell in the store, and all the nylon hoses were the compact corkscrew type. It is already in service and I haven't noticed any issue. I was happy to see the fittings included since that dropped nearly $10 off the price, and I already had everything I needed on the other side.

Leave a comment:

• DCullender
    replied
    the main question is what pressure are you expecting these hoses to carry? This will determine which hose is correct for your use.

Leave a comment:

• rdcollns
    started a topic 50' Gas Line

50' Gas Line

I am locating my tanks far away from the bar. I currently use brass quick connects at the tank to instantly switch between Nitrogen/CO2 and CO2, and I'm happy with that. Can I use a standard air compressor hose (PVC, Nylon or Polyurethane), or will these affect my flavor? I'd rather not have to build my own hose when cheap, ready made options are everywhere.

Thanks,
    Bob
Working...
X