No gas pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gas pressure

A chain account that I clean had a complaint of foamy beer and regulators reading zero. By the time I got to the site everything was back to normal.

It has happened several times without anyone calling so I began to troubleshoot the problem and found that on top of the cooler that is completely enclosed was a small door to crawl in and found a nitrogen generator and blender. When this shuts down it takes twenty minutes to recover and send gas to the regulators.

Do nitrogen generators require maintenance? If the air tank on the compressor for the generator is not drained for moisture will it cause this to happen?

Does anyone have experience with these?

like any other type of machinery yes it does reguire maint. my question to you is that you said it was up in a crawl space above the cooler thru a small door; what type of ventilation is up there and how warm does it get up there? could it possibly be too warm and causing the generator to shut down? when was the last time the unit was serviced new intake filters etc. and the tank should be checked and the moisture purged periodically it would have to have one heck of a lot of moisture in there before it affected your pour that way

Comment

The restaurant is two years old and unit has never been serviced. There is a vent and temperature is about 75F

Comment

Determine if the generator was purchased outright or if it is leased. If leased, normally the contract stipulates the lessor is accountable for maintenance. Try to find a service number and if one exists, contact the organization and involve them in troubleshooting.

What type of CO2 supply is available - cylinder or bulk? What brand name is on the generator?

If the CO2 supply depletes, the blender will shut the system down. It may take sometime to re-pressurize the kegs depending on how much beer was attempted to be dispensed and how many kegs coupled.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Could it be something as simple as a sluggish regulator?

Comment

Working...
          X