Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP co2 gauge read out

Hey guys,
    I have a full 5lb co2. I'm not currently using the tank but I threw the gauge on there to check the pressure in the tank. Its reading 100psi at room temperature. I know the tank is full do to the weight. The guage also read low the first time i used it. I run a primary/secondary set up. Primart output works properly and I've kept it at 30psi for the past year. Do you think the HP has been reading incorrectly out of the box?

Can i get some love!

Comment

flani3,
      If the question is that can a regulator gauge be off right out of the box, sure it's happened before. But a couple of questions though, how do you know it's full? (A full tank should weight close to 13 pounds) and are you sure your reading the right side of the gauge? (you have the BAR and PSI readings). So if your sure it's full and is at 100 PSI, it maybe bad, I would just look to replacement parts and replace the gauge, a year old regulator whether used or not may not be returnable.
      KB

Comment

100bar is 1500psi so I'd bet you're right KB.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Yes I weighed the cylinder adding 5lbs to the tare weight. I'm positive about the 100psi not 100bar, i'm a marine engineer, if i can't read a pressure guage i should quit my job stat. I keep tract of the amount of kegs i go through so I won't run out of co2 unexpectantly, It must have been faulty out of the box. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
          X