DD68 installed - now have some questions, regulator placement, faucets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD68 installed - now have some questions, regulator placement, faucets

I have just acquired and installed a BevAir DD68. It has ample storage and is replacing a modified ECM28 with air cooled setup that stored 2x1/2+1/6 kegs in it along with the CO2 tank (currently fitted with a MM dual product primary and a manifold.

Now with the new setup its a direct draw and has room for 3x1/2 and 2x1/6 in there.

For the twin draft towers, they are drilled through the top of the bar, with a cut out of the bar top for the two drains. What would anyone suggest to get a positive seal from the draft box thru the bar top and into the insulated tower? Possibly just a PVC collar or short cut of pipe?

Can I add a nice glass rinser between the drains? I like the MM GR-UCM, but it looks like I'd have to under counter mount that, unless the mount can be trimmed off for a flush mount on the bar top. I really don't need anything larger than that, since no tower area is needed on the back side.

I'd like to keep my new #20 tank outside if I can since it's not as delicious as a 1/6 of beer.

My stock often shuffles around, and frequently have beverages of differing pressures. I always keep a keg of Coors Light in there. Now there is a CL, Blue Moon, and Sea Dog Blue Paw. There is already a hole made in the side for the CO2 but I'm a bit leary of drilling more holes in there than I need.

Can I just put a single primary on the tank outside, then install secondaries inside? Or is there a better way so that I can read just the high side (outside) and not have it on a regulator (or just keep that regulator greater or equal to the highest required pressure in the cooler - then drop them using the secondaries)? If I do this set up is there an order of pressure that the secondaries need to be in? Highest psi to lowest or just random?

I've also read on here about check valves or a birch beer keg. That may be something for closer to Thanksgiving when the family comes over, is there an awesome MM product that would be suggested? Does that need to dispense that out of a full stainless or plastic/SS faucet?

Also is there a best choice for cider faucet? Full SS or Plastic/SS?
Working...
X