Question about a regulator/manifold combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a regulator/manifold combo

So i started homebrewing a couple months back, and im gonna convert my BM-23 for corny kegs. got all the connections and stuff, but since i can fit 4 in there, im adding faucets and stuff. with my recently aquired kegs, i got a few regulators. i got the standard 2 gauge primary regulator. off of it was linked to a manifold with another regulator. has a gauge, adjustment, and 6 or 7 outputs (going around the reg like an octopus). out of that was ANOTHER regulator (says secondary regulator right on this one). my question is, has anyone saw/used a regulator/manifold like the one i have? its put together like an octopus. just unsure here. ill snap a pic tonight! or ill start googling and link a pic up!

heres a crude paint pic of it!

Comment

I'm a bit confused by your post - here is what I think you are saying you have set up. Pic's will be very helpful when you get those posted.

You have a standard 2 gauge regulator(A) attached to your co2 bottle. You have that regulator(A) connected to the regulator with multiple outputs(B) - and then you have an additional secondary regulator(C) connected to regulator B?

First of all, I can't be certain, but I think the multiple output regulator is designed to push all the kegs connected to it at the same PSI. Never having seen one before, I can't be sure. You would hook that regulator directly to your Co2, then hook all the lines directly to the kegs. The same PSI would flow to each.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with your setup? Drinking only homebrew? Drinking commercial beers? Both? Forcecarbing? How many kegs do you want to be hooked up at once? 4?

Comment

my bad, i should have been a little more specific on my setup.. the setup i described was how it was given to me. i plan on running this setup. my co2 bottle and standard primary regulator (dual gauge setup) out of fridge. line ran inside, to this regulator/manifold. from there i was wanting to run 4 homebrew lines, and one commercial. all on shutoff valves. this way, when i dont have any homebrew in the fridge, i can shut them off and turn on the commercial. the secondary reg i mentioned isnt going to be used. i was just looking for more of agree/disagree with this setup as ive never saw a manifold/reg like that. wanted to see if it seemed legit and wasnt gonna waste my time! thanks for the reply thought!

Comment

Working...
        X