inconsistent Beer Gas mixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inconsistent Beer Gas mixes

I have a local gas supplier who claims that traditional beer gas has a tendency to be inconsistent in the volume of CO2 in the mixture. His claim is that CO2 in the cylinder is liquid (true but turns into a gas as the cylinder is used) and the Nitrogen is a gas. Therefore he claims that the mix will vary depending on the volume of the cylinder. I am presuming his claim would state that a fresh cylinder would pour 100% Nitrogen and as the cylinder is depleted would swing in the other direction to 100% CO2 or vice versa or some variance of the above proportions but not the correct proportion of gases. He claims to have patented a perforated dip tube in the cylinder to draw in the correct proportion of CO2/N to a 70/30% mix. I wish I had an analyzer to test his theory. Has this guy been inhaling to much CO2 or is this guy the used car salesman of the beverage gas industry or both.
    Last edited by Draftguy; 03-20-2011, 11:29 AM.

I'm not sure about his dip tube, how is it attached? I'm going to show this post to the gas supplier I use here in Richmond, see what they say.

Comment

Spoke with my local suppliers today. They were dumb founded by this claim. Blended gas in a cannister has about a 10% error in purity because the mix is done by weight. According to my guys, to seperate gases the cannister would have to sit undisturbed for a very long time. Also, they have never heard of a dip tube that controls the blend.

Comment

The tanks with dip tubes are for refilling purposes and not dispensing. I would imagine that the dispensing tanks are filled with seperate co2 and no tanks and not one that is combined.
        No CRAP! on tap

Comment

The dip tube is within the cylinder and his claim is that the perforations in the tube allow for a consistent 70/30 mix from the start of a full cylinder to when it empties. Presumably the dip tube is attached to the tank valve. I am thinking he believes the gas separates at different height within the cylinder to coincide with their specific gravity.

Comment

Working...
          X