Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a second regulator.. problems!

Hello,

I am new to the forums and to home kegerators. I purchased a kegerator starter kit and built it no problems. Its your basic kit with a single regulator (this one http://www.***************.com/draft...gauge_542.html) and tap. I decided after a few kegs I wanted to step up to a dual regulator setup with two taps so I could dispense multiple beers and regulate the co2 to each keg independently.

Last night I hooked up the secondary add on regulator which I connected to my primary regulator and got everything going. Here is where my problem is: my secondary regulator (this one: Beer Regulator - Secondary CO2 Regulator - Premium Series), which is hooked directly to the co2 tank is working perfectly at 12 psi but the primary regulator which hooks into the secondary regulator will not keep the pressure at a low amount (10-13 psi). It seemed to for awhile but then I checked it an hour later and the primary gauge was showing 40 psi! I have tried unsuccessfully to get the regulator to stay at the standard pressure... Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what I need to look into?

Any help is appreciated!
    Chris

You Should have 2 secondary regulators fed by one primary regulator. your pressure on the primary regulator should be 25-30 lbs then the secondary regulators set at the pressure your beers require. This is the only way if you are using a secondary and a primary. The other way is to use 2 primary regulators, 1 on the tank and a second one off the high side of the tank regulator.
    L. Tapper

Comment

Working...
    X