Secondary Regulator Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Regulator Temperature

Does temperature effect the accuracy of a secondary regulator? The cylinder will be at room temperature with the primary regulator and the secondary regulators will be in the cooler. Would the gauges be more accurate if the secondary regulators were at room temperature?

There may be a very slight impact on the gauge accuracy but not enough to impact the performance of the system.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Scott, Thanks for the reply. I'm using this to carbonate beer not dispense. Knowing that, should I keep the gauges at 60-70F?

Comment

I'm not a force carbonate expert by any means although that seems to be an extremely high pressure. Conduct a search on this and you should find multiple posts on the subject.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I have force carbonated home brew before but I was using a kegerated set up with only a primary regulator on the CO2 cannister outside of the kegerator. However, I do not believe that any difference in pressure caused by the cooler temp would be of any significance. I carbed at 14 psig over 3 days at 38 degrees with good results.

Comment

Working...
          X