leak at the tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak at the tap

Ok,after using several 5 lb co2 to be refilled,I used tape on all threads,I just tapped a 1/4 Bud,and am getting a hissing sound where the co2 connects to the tap.It's tight(no as tight as I would like to right now) Wassup w dis??[?]

It could be several things. If it is coming from where the gas line goes into the coupler *thing that goes into the keg" than you can try tighten the clamp with a screwdriver if there is one there. You can also put some dishsoap and water area the hiss to pin point the leak. Also are you putting the little washer that goes between the regualtor and the gas tank? This can be a big problem too. Good luck.

Ed
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

yeah, there are half a dozen places at the coupler where the co2 can leak. like ed said, spray it down with soapy water to pinpoint the leak, then you know what to fix.

-jomo
      -jomo

Comment

Do you know what type and brand of coupler you are utilizing? Please advise.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

check the body washer on the bottom of your couple that is a likely suspect also

Comment

Is there a washer between the coupler and the hex nut/tail piece? There should be. Tape is fine but one good washer is better. Not two, just one.

Comment

Working...
            X