Transfering Gas?? Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering Gas?? Please Help

I bought a 20# tank on craigslist, it is full and it wont fit into my kegerator, can i use it to fill my 5# tanks, if so what adapters will i need?

Thanks,

Wiz

If you have room outside your kegerator for the 20# cylinder, you could route the pressure line through a wall to the coupler. This would be more practical and safer than attempting to transfer a gas that is at a very high pressure. It is easier to monitor your gauges as well. When boring the hole (5/8" to 3/4"), proceed slowly to assure that a thermostat wire that may be present is not severed.
    Last edited by Scott Zuhse; 07-15-2010, 04:03 PM.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i just sold it and bought another 5# tank, my next question is, which regulator should i get?

Beer Regulator - Double Gauge - CO2 Primary - Premium Series

or

Product Listing -

I have had the Cornelius in the past but if the mm one is better ill go that route

Comment

I'd get the Micro Matic premium. It is a good regulator and you can get parts and service for it from Micro Matic for ten bucks less. Not that you can't get parts for the other one, but it won't likely be as easy as getting them for the Micro Matic.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Which are you currently using? I don't know anyone with a mm regulator that's why I'm asking about it, are you familiar with the other I listed as a choice?

Thanks,

Wiz

Comment

My recommendation is based on my customer service history with Micro Matic. I bought plenty of stuff from Micro Matic and I know that if there was a problem I can call customer service and bet dollars to donuts I will be happy with the result. I'm not saying that is the case with the other vendor's link, but I go with who I've had luck with in the past. And is $10 less.
            Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
            but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks for your input, I just ordered one, I can't wait to see what its all about!!

Thanks,

Wiz

Comment

Working...
              X