What Part Do I Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Part Do I Need

I have a kegerator that is not working. I know the part that is causing the problem, but I have no idea what it is called or where to get it. Btw, not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot or not. Here's a picture of the part.

ShoeLace1291,
    You really are in the wrong area, the picture's so huge and dark I almost missed the problem, attached retouched picture, the place where the circle is the problem? I don't think the piece that's missing can be replaced, the whole thing is called handle assembly, what your holding is the coupler, you can go to the MM site Beer Equipment Store tab and look at couplers, click on one and find replacement tab and it will show you exploded view, big problem you have it isn't a MM coupler it looks like a (can't give you brand because site will automatically censor but it's the Hulk's last name). Replacement of the whole handle assembly is needed or just buy new coupler, most places don't stock spare parts, just whole couplers. If the locking mechanism handle is broken you can use the existing end and just wire handle down, until replacement or repair. Just buy a new coupler here and be done with it. (by the way how in the heck did you break that piece off??)
    KB
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply. roommates and I are having a huge party this weekend so we need to get this fixed asap. I found my way to the "Keg Taps & Couplers" section on MM, but got confused when I saw "D System", "S System", etc. Does it matter which one I get?

Comment

Depends on beer your pouring, read on to keg tap guide
        KB

Comment

For most American beers you will need the D coupler. Here is a link to just the handle for the Micro Matic couplers. I do not know if it will fit your coupler though. keg beer Dispense Heads draft kegerator Black Hand I'm sure you could call Micro Matic if you have questions before ordering.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

The coupler in the picture looks exactly like the D coupler that came with my Vissani and is also likely used on the Edgestar and Magic Chef. You will not likely find replacement parts for it. Buy a quality new coupler and use this one for a paper weight. By the way also buy a new beer line wing nut because the one that comes with this coupler will not thread on a new standard sized coupler.

A D coupler is used on most all American Brewed products.

KillianBoy: This coupler is such a piece of junk it probably didn’t take much to break it. It likely just fell apart.
            I have the exact same paper weight sitting on my desk.
            "There's damsels in distress out there, and we got all this beer"
            -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Well the keg in the picture is Anheuser Busch... so it's definitely a D coupler for that.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

If you have ANY kind of relation with a local bar, they will certainly loan you one or may just give it to you.
                "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
                Gram Parsons

Comment

I looked at the picture again. I would also put a clamp on the co2 connection.
                  "There's damsels in distress out there, and we got all this beer"
                  -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Working...
                  X