Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 run for both soda and beer

Hi!
    I'm switching my TDD-4 over from an all-beer, single-pressure system to a run that will push both beer and soda. I currently have a single, external primary regulator pushing 14 psi through normal 5/16" vinyl into the unit, with a 4-out distributor mounted inside (4 taps). I'd like to switch to a higher-pressure soda primary, pushing 60 psi via braided vinyl, a secondary soda inside, pushing 45psi to 2 taps, with an out to 2 beer secondaries; one pushing 12psi to 2 taps, and one pushing 14psi to 2 taps. I could also just have one beer secondary reg. push 12-14psi to all 4 beer taps. Any thoughts/insights/something I'm missing? One thing of note: I thought the braided CO2 line would be better equipped to handle the higher pressure for the soda, from the CO2 supply, all the way to the soda keg.
    Attached Files

You should include a specialized T in there that prevents back flow of soda into beer lines. MM sells them, look under gas blending equipment or accessories and see if you can find it over there. They are typically used when sharing a bulk co2 tank with soda set ups and beer.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

check valve

Ed,
      Would one of these work, if placed on the secondary soda regulator? Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I was thinking one of these: Beer Gas In-Line Check Valve I'm not sure about the check valve in there. Perhaps someone else has some insight.
        Ed
        Blue Line Draft Systems
        www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

beer gas in-line check valve keep soda carbonator from backing up into you beer side if u have a primary regulator and 2ndarys to knock down pressure for your beer u should be ok .Primary set at soda pressure and 2 secondarys to step it down for your beer u should be good if u get in line check valve point restricted end toward soda

Comment

Working...
          X