Question about choking a trunk line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about choking a trunk line

Quick question here...is it possible to choke a line in the cooler before it heads out to a trunk line? I am working on a budget here and I got a nice 50ft trunk from someone, but it is 3/8", where I know the run would normally use 5/16" trunk. I am thinking if I choke it at the tap, there is going to be an excess of 3/16" hose under the bar that will not be cooled by the glycol chiller. Since the balancing formula is length of hose at diameter x + length of hose at diameter y + (all the other variables), I think mathematically it works, but was wondering if there were any real world concerns since I have never seen it done. Thanks!

I'm a not qualified person to tell you this since I only been work and installing systems for thirty years never had the mm course. yea you choke the line at the dispenseing end and add length to the glycol lines also, not at the cooler end. Lay the restriction you need ,add length to the gylcol lines rwrap them with foil tape then with vapor barrier andclosed cell foam insulation. It Works
    L. Tapper

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My concern with that was that I will probably need 4 ft of choke (or there about) and I know that the heat transfer of vinyl choke line is not as good as the barrier tubing. I guess there is not too much beer held in the choke, and extending the glycol line needed to be done anyways to get it into the tower. I would still like to find out any reasoning why the choke can't be at the source end, besides it is not done that way haha...just interested in the reasoning. I assume there IS a reason since I have never seen one done that way...just wondering. Thanks for your help on letting me know the proper way of doing it though.

Comment

Originally posted by sentry44 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. My concern with that was that I will probably need 4 ft of choke (or there about) and I know that the heat transfer of vinyl choke line is not as good as the barrier tubing. I guess there is not too much beer held in the choke, and extending the glycol line needed to be done anyways to get it into the tower. I would still like to find out any reasoning why the choke can't be at the source end, besides it is not done that way haha...just interested in the reasoning. I assume there IS a reason since I have never seen one done that way...just wondering. Thanks for your help on letting me know the proper way of doing it though.
        why not ? I try it and see that it 's so good !
        Print koozies | Koozie printing

Comment

Working...
        X