Turning off cO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off cO2

Just recieved my first kegerator and saw far my experience is awesome!! Question came up with a buddy as we were taliking about set-up..He was tellijng me he turns off his co2 tank everynight and leaves it off until the next draw to save gas. Is this ok..will it affect the pressure,beer at all..Thanks for the help !

Turning off the gas will save only if you have a leak in the system. If that is the case, then the leak will need to be fixed. Likewise, it will only cause problems with the beer if there is a leak.If there are no leaks, the only gas that will be used is when you are dispensing beer.

Comment

Thanks for the info....So far its holding the set PSI, so apparently no leaks

Comment

I turn my CO2 off....

But I only drink beer on weekends......so my kegerator goes 5 days at a time without being used.

I know it isn't needed, and I don't have any leaks (that I know of), but I do it just in case.

Sometimes I'll leave the CO2 on, but close the valves on my regulators to check for leaks.
        On tap:
        1/2 bbl of Lienenkugel's Original

Gone, but not forgotten: (Sadly, Walter Payton's is gone)
        Sixtel of Sam Adams OctoberFest
        Sixtel of Walter Payton's Peat Smoked Scotch Ale
        Corny of Payton's Dancing Bear Honey Wheat
        Corny of Walter Payton's Aurora Amber Ale (both a malty and extra hoppy version)
        Corny (3 gal) of Coconut Rum and Cola
        Corny of Walter Payton's Beauregard's Blueberry Ale
        Corny of Walter Payton's Sweetness Stout on Nitro
        Corny of Rock Bottom's Belgian White Ale

Comment

Originally posted by panthermark View Post
          I turn my CO2 off....

But I only drink beer on weekends......so my kegerator goes 5 days at a time without being used.

I know it isn't needed, and I don't have any leaks (that I know of), but I do it just in case.

Sometimes I'll leave the CO2 on, but close the valves on my regulators to check for leaks.
          Now that is will-power! Be it family or job, weekends only, don't know if I could that.
          I do however turn my co2 off when the keg blows. Clean and reconnect just before I hook up fresh one, don't know why just do.

Comment

Working...
          X