Regulator Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator Woes

I have an account that has a direct draw system that constantly pours like all three kegs are overcarbonated. I have taken steps to make sure that the temperature is at 38 degrees and that air blows into the tower from the fan, so I know that the temperature is not the issue. What I have noticed is that when a new regulator was installed it does not seem to regulate the CO2 down to the proper 16 psi. The pressure can be as low as 5 or 6 psi and the beer will pour fast and clear but foam as soon as it hits the glass, even with brand new kegs tapped just after install. I have replaced two new regulators so far with the same results. Would someone be able to give me some ideas as to what may be going on with this issue?

Two regulators in a row with similar issue is rare. Have you tested the system for leaks? What steps have you taken to be certain that your temperature is 38F. Calibrated thermometer used to test actual beer in glass?

Was this system just installed and if so, have the kegs acclimated to your kegerator?
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Just curious which regulator you had when this occurred. I just got back from a call after I installed a new regulator for a similar issue. Turned out the regulator set at 0 was still pushing pressure into the kegs so when I added pressure from the regulator it was adding way too much and causing similar symptoms as your situation. I replace the regulator with another new one and solved the problem. Scott's right though, two in a row would be odd.
      Ed
      Blue Line Draft Systems
      www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Regulator Woes 2

The unit was installed about three months ago with the foamy issue starting about 3 weeks after install. The beer was checked both from the glass and the cooler with a consistent reading of 38 to 39 dgrees.

Comment

Check your private messages.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
          X