Primary Regulator max PSIG @ 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Regulator max PSIG @ 45

Received a call today on a primary nitrogen regulator with 1800 PSI in cylinder. Tech could not regulate any higher than 45 PSIG. Adjustment screw all the way in. No pressure leaks and regulator about five years old.

Possible that bonnet spring compressed for so long that it lost tensile memory? Any other ideas from the regulator gurus out there?
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Had something similar with a system here in Petersburg. Turned out the regulator outlet was clogged with rust. Water backed up from the soda system because there were no check valves installed anywhere in the system.

Hope this is not your problem, as the blender is probably shot as well.

Dennis

Comment

Um... the one's you sell with the 60lb gauges never go much higher than that. The relief valve blows off shortly after that. Like you said, the pressure depends on the tension of the spring, the gauge is just a gauge. Springs vary a bit. The N2 regulators with 60lb gauges aren't for blenders, they're for Guinness.

I suggest that you call McDantim and discuss specifics. I'm sure that they're aware that there are hundreds (or more) of inaccurate blenders out there due to using the wrong N2 regs on blenders with 55 or 100 inlet pressures.

Read the post I was recently rebuked for.

Comment

Originally posted by DCullender View Post
        Had something similar with a system here in Petersburg. Turned out the regulator outlet was clogged with rust. Water backed up from the soda system because there were no check valves installed anywhere in the system.

Hope this is not your problem, as the blender is probably shot as well.

Dennis
        Thanks Dennis. Blender is fine. This was on the nitrogen side. Tech is disassembling for evaluation and will report.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I'd rather replace a questionable reg then ruin a good keg!

Comment

Working...
          X