Minimum Inlet Pressure on Blend Panels Aren't Simply "Suggestions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Inlet Pressure on Blend Panels Aren't Simply "Suggestions"

Please everyone, be sure you're getting the correct regulator for your blender. The blenders have inlet regulators so that they can be accurately be set up at McDantim. If the inlet regulators are set at 100psi or at 55psi, you can't use a Nitrogen or CO2 regulator that has a 0-60 secondary gauge. The regulators with the 0-60 gauge usually leak from the safety blowoff at around 50psi, and most of them don't have a tight enough spring to even get that high.

If you aren't meeting the minimum inlet pressures, your blend is not accurate.
    Yes, the blender will operate with less than the minimum pressures, but it is not accurate.

This mistake is common, and Micromatic needs to look for it when filling orders, especially phone orders or when doing orders to fulfill MM bids. We're all professionals. It's a very simple thing to correct if we bother to address it.

I know of one very experienced MM employee who recently told a local installer that having 40psi N2 inlet pressure on a 100psi-minimum blender is just fine (no, not our local rep, our local rep from about eight years ago wink wink). Shame on you! The CO2 is usually coming from the bulk system at 120ish so it's just fine. Do you really believe that having 100psi of CO2 and 40psi of N2 is going to result in the same blend as having 100 on both sides? The incident in question involves a system at a venue that only uses the taps heavily once per month, and has a real-life operating pressure of around 28. If that blend is over about 70% CO2 it's going to ruin kegs that sit online as partials between events!

I know things like the SS faucet issues are beyond the control of the sales and sales-support staff at MM, but this issue can be cured with a two minute mention at a sales meeting.

Jeff,

Wow! Calm down, buddy. I've been using MicroMatic for 7 years now and have rarely gotten bad info from anyone in the company. When I did, a short phone call or email to them to clear up the problem and it was solved.

Sorry that you got bad info, but honestly, from reading your other posts here on the Forum, I've gotta believe you have other issues. Seems like most of your posts are negative without providing any positive input.

This is a friendly gathering of beer fans and a great source of reliable information for the rookie and the pro alike.

Please, in the future, take your complaints to your "reps" so they can correct any errors before you slam them in a public forum.

I'm sure you would rather your customer bring his problem to you rather than air your dirty laundry in public. I know I do!

Dennis

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by DCullender View Post
      Jeff,

Wow! Calm down, buddy. I've been using MicroMatic for 7 years now and have rarely gotten bad info from anyone in the company. When I did, a short phone call or email to them to clear up the problem and it was solved.

Sorry that you got bad info, but honestly, from reading your other posts here on the Forum, I've gotta believe you have other issues. Seems like most of your posts are negative without providing any positive input.

This is a friendly gathering of beer fans and a great source of reliable information for the rookie and the pro alike.

Please, in the future, take your complaints to your "reps" so they can correct any errors before you slam them in a public forum.

I'm sure you would rather your customer bring his problem to you rather than air your dirty laundry in public. I know I do!

Dennis

Dennis
      Kumbaya. Heh. I'll try to write some love-posts from time to time.

My MM rep is great. She knows her stuff, can admit it when she doesn't, and will find out. My complaint about this situation is, that rather than admit "I don't know" or "I'll find out", bad advice is dispensed by some others. This is not commonplace for MM. It's a very Jack-at-Perlick move.

Should I complain to my rep about advice her boss gave to one of my peers?

I think they need a little negative feedback from time to time.

This isn't about my install. This is about a huge six-figure project installed by an outside company. It's an easy thing to fix. It's just frustrating that it needs to be fixed, and that it was dismissed as a non issue. In my opinion a couple 100lb N2 regulators in a box with a return shipping label for the 60s would have been the correct solution.

Dennis, if you disagree that below-minimum inputs on panels is just fine, I'd hear you out. If you think that it wasn't MM's problem, I would hear that argument. Telling me to be nice is just lame.

I'm glad that MM is finally beating Perlick and taking their base business of stadiums and chains. I cringe when I find out that Perlick is designing/installing a local system because it's filled with flaws. MM is much more qualified than Perlick. Most retailers don't call the installer or manufacturer, they call the local beer guy, and making poorly designed stuff work is among my least favorite activities. I'm not disappointed that a small mistake was made installing a MM system, I'm disappointed that a MM rep guessed about the answer to a simple question.

Comment

Working...
      X