Gas & Dispensing Line ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas & Dispensing Line ?'s

So me and a buddy keg'd our first Cream Ale. One thing I don't understand is the reasons why we use 4-5ft of gas line and dispensing line. Does the length effect the head, pressure, pouring time?

I'm no expert by far, I'm as new as anyone, however, I believe that from all I have read that the length of the beer line can help or hinder the pour. Longer lines make for a slower pour and shorter, faster.

As to the gas lines, I'm not certain what, if anything, the length of the line will help or hinder.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong!
    Sláinte

Comment

TY BeerNoob

Thanks for the reply.. That's exactly what I was thinking. I get to reading and then I get all confused lol.

Comment

The length/diameter of the gas line is unimportant. You just need to get something that's able to withstand pressure. Most hoses will have a pressure rating on them, and pretty much any hose with a pressure rating will be able to handle the 10-15psi required.

The length and the diamter of the beer line 100% affect the flow rate of the beer.

This page
        shows the various resistances with various lines, and how to actually calculate this stuff, if you're interested.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Ty Cubby

Thanks a lot. I'm definitely taking a look at it. Being a first time brewer I read a lot and try to figure things out. I know I will have tons of questions later on!

Comment

Working...
          X